I like to plan ahead, so my two weeks trip to the western coast of the US is becoming more concrete. Areas I havn’t seen before and it may seem as if it will be a trip a la Japan – but the good thing about impresions is, that you can come back later to spend more time.
The plan looks like this:
- Flight MOL – OSL – CPH – SFO ) – with my favorite SAS
- Overnight at SFO (Hilton Hotel confirmed)
- Car rental (HERTZ) to take a 2 day trip on California Highway No. 1 down to Santa Monica with an overnight stay at San Louis Obispo (Motel 6)
- 3 nights in Santa Monica (Youth hostel) to explore a little bit of LA
- Drive back to SFO (in 1 day) and staying at the Best Western
- Flight SFO – PHX
- See Phoenix and make two day trips
- Daytrip to the Grand Canyon
- Daytrip to Las Vegas (by plane – otherwise to far
- Flight PHX – SFO
- 4 nights at the Downtown Youthhostel
- Visit Alcatraz (which I didn’t see last time) and some shopping
- Flight SFO – CPH – OSL – MOL
I think this will be great!